Monday, January 13, 2014

Corps Security is back! Book 3... 'Beck' by Harper Slone

“Beck” 
(Corps Security, Book 3)

By Harper Sloan


Review by Wendy Dawn


“In Summation”:

**Warning** This book is intended for a mature reading** 

~DEE~ 
I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man.

But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.

All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have.

So I did the only thing I know how to do.
I run.
But he just won’t let me go.

~BECK~ 
The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out.

To make her mine.

She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.
She’s it for me and she knows it.
She’s just too scared to admit it.

**NO cliffhanger, HEA, inter-connected standalones**

“The Reviews are in”:

An astounding read that brings you deep into the world of Corps Security (if you are just starting this series, this can be a standalone novel with characters from the series integrated. Warning, you will love them so much you‘ll want to go back and read their stories). You will be intrigued with this group of friends. They are interesting and well-written characters within a storyline that feels real.
Serious issues of depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are delicately and accurately portrayed. Reading how Dee struggled with her illness was heart breaking. Seeing it in the terms of years and not just fixed with a band-aid will help readers understand just how devastating these disorders can be to sufferers.

‘I look like the happiest woman in the world. I look like I have everything that I want out of my life. That everything is perfect. And that is exactly what I want people to see. But, inside? Inside, I’m dying. I’m not happy.’   ~Dee on her persona she shows the world

Dee was attracted to Beck from the time she saw and heard him. The feeling was apparently mutual. He seemed like just what she needed, even if she didn’t know it yet.

‘A deep, southern drawl that can be heard over the pounding beat of the music, wraps around me like a warm blanket of sin, and my poor neglected vagina perks right up and says ‘hey…me, pick me’!’   ~Dee describing Beck the first time she meets him

Once the two got together, physically, it was intense and wild. Beck refers to Dee as his “Wildcat”. And she lives up to her nickname.

“Look around you. You could level a house with that powerful pussy.”   ~Beck to Dee as they assess his broken kitchen table, kitchen chairs and what is left of his kitchen after they consummate their relationship in the kitchen

The story is more than just Dee’s depression and PTSD. It is about friends and family. Love laughter and fun are there too, to balance the flow. In addition, adventure is present.
Corps security has to have something to do…from drug dealers and thugs…there is no shortage of mystery and threats to keep the alpha males busy. However, in the end, it truly is about family…and they are a tight knit group. Love, laughter and tears are shared.
 You will be sucked into their world and waiting anxiously to see what happens next.

‘Tomorrow is never a guarantee; live life to the fullest and never stop smiling.’   ~Advise for all from Cooper

The Ratings*:

Hero: 4.75
Heroine: 4
Story/Plot/HEA: 4.75

*The rating system is based on 1-5, 5 being the best and 1 the worst.
Hero - The main male character of the story. Heroine - The main female character of the story. Story/Plot/HEA (Happy Ever After) - The over all story line and culmination of the main plot or theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment